Sunday 3 April 2011

Central Park Photo


I thought this photo would make an appropriate first post.  I took it one afternoon whilst walking in the upper part of Central Park, New York in winter 2011.  I spent five weeks living in a little studio on west 25th and would ride the subway up to the park to explore a new field or path most days, I love the way that such a densely inhabited city shares a giant back yard that is Central Park. You really come to appreciate a quiet open space and fresh air.  

New York is an amazing city, it is frenetic and changing at such a fast pace but even being a stranger to the city is is not hard to feel familiar with the place, probably because we are constantly looking at film and photography that reference the city. My time away in january and february was very inspiring and I like the fact that this image reminds me of my time in New York but the catalyst is not an obvious cityscape. 

I feel that this photo appears more like a set and I remember taking this shot because I was moved by the low afternoon light on the recent snow fall, untrodden - an unusual sight in such a walked upon city. I like everything about this shot, its composition the colours and overall atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment